Britain's longest-established classic car magazine defined the world of classic motoring 42 years ago, and it still does today.
To celebrate this important milestone we've added a raft of new series including: Quentin Willson on the cars to buy now, Epic Restorations, The Life Cycle of a Classic, The List where readers get to drive their dream car, The Collectors and My Life in Cars.
Each month Classic Cars will continue to bring you the most in-depth features on exciting cars from the past and the visionary people behind them; plus the latest and sharpest coverage of news, events, market trends and buying advice to help you get the most from your classic motoring.
Classic Cars magazine is called Thoroughbred & Classic Cars outside the UK.
I hope you enjoy the new look Classic Cars.
Phil Bell, editor
For the latest subscription offer, click here.
To buy Classic Cars on Android platforms, click here
November 2015 issue, on sale now!
• The Big Test Six V8 sports cars that are a steal at under £15k. Our picks from: MG RV8, TVR V8S, Jaguar XKR, Mercedes SL500, Chevrolet Corvette L-98 and BMW 840Ci
• The List Reader Dave Withington has dreamed of piloting a Jaguar XK150 since he was a child. Now we've handed him the keys, was it worth the wait?
• Alan Mann Escort Slipping and sliding (in a completely controlled way) in the 1968 BSCC title-winning Escort MkI that captured the public imagination with its gold-and-red livery
• Life Cycle You want patina? This Austin Westminster MkII has lived a full life; it crossed the Pyrenees and was converted into a bedroom – and its owner for 49 years has never polished it
• The Collector Inside a collection varying from Bentley Continental to Porsche 928 – and owner George Strang drives all of them in the way they were intended to be used
• Epic Restoration A dismantled hulk of a Facel Vega HK500 is returned to roadworthiness with both traditional and modern methods – repaired with hammers and laser beams
• Citroën ID19 v Panhard PL17 Both these French smoothies have je ne sais quoi by the château-load, but although the Citroën is lauded as futuristic, was the Panhard the real innovator?
• Life In Cars Motor industry veteran and former managing director of MIRA Peter Willmer takes us on a drive through his life in cars as varied as a Lotus VI, a Rover P6 and a Jaguar XJ220
• Buying Guide Six steps to picking up a Ford Granada MkI worthy of Jack Regan
• Classic Punts A reader tells us why finding an Alvis TA 21 made long-term economic sense
• The Month In Cars
Pebble Beach Pre-war Isotta takes top honours on the prestigious Californian lawns
Monterey Reunion A stampede of rare Shelby Mustangs battle it out on track Quail Lodge Stylish Californian gathering rewards an Alfa 33/2 Stradale
Bob Gerard Memorial Meeting Classic racing at Mallory Park, including a JP MkI
• Events planner Get the autumn leaves stirring on the way to these days out in October
• The Market
Smart Buys Quentin Willson tips the ’75-77 Porsche 911 Turbo, Triumph Spitfire MkI/II, Mercedes E-Class Cabriolet and BMW M6 Convertible to become increasingly desirable
Market Watch Russ Smith reflects on the high estimates seen at Pebble Beach, the ascent of Lancia's pretty Aurelia B24 Spider and the how the market views six-cylinder Jaguar E-types
Temptations From a Fiat 124 to Steed’s Jaguar XJ12C, these are the pick of the cars for sale now
• Barn Finds Nigel Boothman unearths a 1955 Hudson Italia with space-age styling, an equally rare Iso Fidia and bears witness to a Ford Capri MkIII being recovered from a watery grave
• The Insiders
Quentin Willson believes that there's a slight slowdown in the market – and about time too
Tom Tjaarda on how he became a neighbour and regular visitor to design hero Pietro Frua in Turin
Simon Kidston begins his quest to uncover the full history of a Bugatti with a family connection
• Books and models New tomes on the Mille Miglia, the Peugeot 205 and racing driver Jonathan Williams and more, plus the latest and coolest scale models reviewed by Sam Dawson
• Your letters Memories of racing on the road – whether between supercars or support vans
• Ads on Test Austin-Healey 100, Lotus Esprit V8, Jaguar MkV, Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray
• Our Cars Russ tries fitting a new roof to his Alfa Spider 2000, Nathan returns his Mercedes W123 to the road and Adam gets the problem wheels and tyres on his Peugeot 205 GTi resolved
• Cars for sale – more than 1000 to choose from
PLUS Advertise your classic in Classic Cars magazine for FREE. For details, click here