Britain's longest-established classic car magazine defined the world of classic motoring 41 years ago, and it still does today.
To celebrate this important milestone we've added a raft of new series including: Quentin Willson on the cars to buy now, Epic Restorations, The Life Cycle of a Classic, The List where readers get to drive their dream car, The Collectors and My Life in Cars.
Each month Classic Cars will continue to bring you the most in-depth features on exciting cars from the past and the visionary people behind them; plus the latest and sharpest coverage of news, events, market trends and buying advice to help you get the most from your classic motoring.
Classic Cars magazine is called Thoroughbred & Classic Cars outside the UK.
I hope you enjoy the new look Classic Cars.
Phil Bell, editor
For the latest subscription offer, click here.
To buy Classic Cars on Android platforms, click here
April 2015 issue, on sale February 25
• Stars of 1955 Drivers never had it so good 60 years ago – or did they? We test a Citroën DS, Jaguar MkI, Alfa Giulietta, MGA, Chevrolet Corvette V8 and Bentley S-type
• The List Reader Martin Houston may be used to very fast German performance cars, but he hankered for a go in a Citroën SM. How did he got on with this French/Italian mix?
• Daimler Dart SP250 An unusual choice for a race car? This Daimler’s tasted success in Sixties America, and back in the UK it was crashed just a week before the Goodwood Revival. It was rebuilt to take its place on the grid in the space of a few days. Now it’s our turn to drive it
• Austin-Healey 100 Hooning a 'Healey through Northern Ireland's most engaging Tarmac in search of motor sport and personal history – can road trips get any better?
• The Collector Horror at seeing his beloved Alfa Romeos wrecked in B-movies prompted this Italian collector to save as many as he possibly could
• Life Cycle With an owner roster as diverse as a rocket engineer and an armed response unit officer, this BMW M3 has lived an equally interesting life on the road and on track
• Life in Cars Former Wolfrace boss Anthony Smith’s petrolhead ways have meant he’s driven or owned everything from a Alfasud through to a Ferrari Dino, via a McLaren dragster
• Epic Restoration With just six months to return a Porsche 911 930 Turbo back to glory, the race was on for this restoration team. Would they get it all done on time?
• Buying Guide Seven steps to picking up the finest Gilbern Invader
• Classic Punts A reader tells us why finding a good Ferrari 308 wasn’t a simple task
Unmissable regulars includes new 10-page markets section with Quentin Willson
• The Month In Cars
Rétromobile Latin delights dominate Paris thanks to Alfa Romeos and Pegasos
Monte Carlo Rallye Historique Ex-works rallycross Porsche 911 breaks cover
Statesman Classic Rally, Calcutta Erskine dominates Indian event
• Events planner As the year wakes up, there’s plenty to savour in the classic world
• The Market
Smart Buys Quentin Willson reckons it’s time to buy a Ferrari Daytona, AC Cobra Continuation or Bristol 408, while one to watch is the Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit
Market Watch Russ Smith analyses the latest market moves and rounds up Rétromobile’s auction frenzy, including the spectacular Baillon collection sale
Temptations Nine cars that might tempt you into making your bank manager sweat
• Barn Finds Nigel Boothman unearths a garage-bound Ferrari Daytona, uncovers a heap that turns out to be a one-off Bristol 406 and sifts through a field of dreams in Cyprus
• The Insiders
Quentin Willson sees the world of classics as more than just a market-led fad – it’s a movement
Tom Tjaarda reflects on the transformation of Torino’s automotive museum into greatness
Simon Kidston takes us through how he kept his nerve to land Artcurial’s star attraction
• Books and models New releases on the Alfa Romeo 6C, endurance racing with Porsche and more, plus the latest and greatest scale models reviewed by Sam Dawson
• Letters Memories of Barrie ‘Whizzo’ Williams. Plus: does the Saab 99 deserve more love?
• Ads on Test Maserati Biturbo, MGB Roadster, Porsche 928 GT, Mercedes-Benz 600
• Our Cars Russ tries fitting a new roof to his Alfa Spider 2000, Nathan’s Mercedes W123 is treated to rustproofing, and winging it at a car wash wasn’t a wise idea for Sam’s Toyota MR2
• Cars for sale – more than 1000 to choose from
PLUS Advertise your classic in Classic Cars magazine for FREE. For details, click here