Britain's longest-established classic car magazine defined the world of classic motoring 42 years ago, and it still does today.
To celebrate this important milestone we've added a raft of new series including: Quentin Willson on the cars to buy now, Epic Restorations, The Life Cycle of a Classic, The List where readers get to drive their dream car, The Collectors and My Life in Cars.
Each month Classic Cars will continue to bring you the most in-depth features on exciting cars from the past and the visionary people behind them; plus the latest and sharpest coverage of news, events, market trends and buying advice to help you get the most from your classic motoring.
Classic Cars magazine is called Thoroughbred & Classic Cars outside the UK.
I hope you enjoy the new look Classic Cars.
Phil Bell, editor
For the latest subscription offer, click here.
To buy Classic Cars on Android platforms, click here
March 2016 issue, on sale now!
• The Big Test As the E24 BMW 6 Series hits 40, we test all the key models including the 628CSi, 633CSi, 635CSi, M635CSi and Alpina B9 3.5, and interview 635 race ace Dieter Quester
• The List Triumph Stag owner Derek Athey is clearly a fan of big V8s, but did a long-awaited drive of a Corvette-engined Gordon Keeble live up to his expectations?
• Maserati Ghibli As if getting behind the wheel of the very car Peter Sellers once bought for Britt Ekland isn’t enough, Quentin Willson also spends the day talking cars with the lady herself
• Life Cycle After idyllic military service in Fifties Ghana, daily use in Hampshire and decades spent in storage, this Borgward Isabella TS is back where it belongs – on the road
• The Collector Brothers Jeremy and Simon Holden like their classics to be hardcore, which is why they own a Caterham Seven V8, AC Cobra 289 and a Sunbeam Tiger historic rally car
• Epic Restoration 40 years of neglect had left this ruined Lea-Francis 14hp Sports just about unrestorable, but that didn’t deter Malcolm Hall from realising his dream show-winner
• Porsche 914 Overpriced and misunderstood when new, today the Porsche 914 bewitches buyers with its cool looks and sublime handling. We test 1.7 and 2.0 back to back
• Life In Cars Colourful racer Dave Brodie remembers chauffeuring Ronnie Peterson in his Bentley, racing a modified Austin A30, Turner and Ford Escort MkI and getting airborne in a Jaguar Mk2
• Triumph TR2 Instructed by the owner to simply ‘thrash it’, Sam Dawson needs no second invitation to race an ex-works Triumph TR2 at the Mdina Grand Prix
• Buying Guide Don’t buy a Jaguar XK8/R before reading our six-step guide
• Classic Punts A reader explains why her Singer Chamois is better than a tour of the Vatican
• The Month In Cars
Italian Car Passion A rare gathering of six Fiat 8Vs at Autoworld in Brussels
Petersen Museum $120m collection includes one of the Goldfinger Aston Martin DB5s
• Events planner Shrug off the winter chills with a nostalgic weekend at Race Retro
• The Market
Smart Buys Quentin Willson says bargain Dodge Chargers are getting rare and the smart money is going on Fiat 130 Coupés, E30 BMW 325i Tourings and W210 Mercedes E55 AMGs
Market Watch Russ Smith rmakes the case for the early Mazda MX-5, six-cylinder BMW Z8 and Aston Martin V8 Vantage but reckons the Fiat 500’s honeymoon period is over
Temptations Nine classics guaranteed to make you reach for your cheque book
• Barn Finds Nigel Boothman finds a rare road-spec Dodge Charger Daytona, a hidden stash of Lotus race cars, a low-mileage Lamborghini Urraco and an unloved Jaguar E-type Series 1.5
• The Insiders
Quentin Willson says having the best car isn’t enough – owners must be market experts too
Tom Tjaarda ponders what elite concours cars might look like in 50 years’ time
Simon Kidston rwonders whether auction house guarantees reflect a lack of market confidence
• Books and models Great new reads on DeLorean, De Tomaso and Lancia, plus the latest scale models – including a bargain 1:18-scale Renault 30
• Your letters Memories of a smokin’ Mercedes 450 SEL 6.9 – and how to wear a harness properly
• Ads on Test Austin-Healey 3000 MkII, Datsun 240Z, Daimler Sovereign S3, Sebring Sprite lookalike
• Our Cars Malcolm’s Jaguar E-type divulges dirty secrets, Nathan’s Mercedes W123 prompts existential angst, Ross’s Renault 5 Turbo overheats, while Russ’s Alfa Romeo Spider keeps its cool
PLUS Advertise your classic in Classic Cars magazine for FREE. For details, click here