Britain's longest-established classic car magazine defined the world of classic motoring 42 years ago, and it still does today.
To celebrate this important milestone we've added a raft of new series including: Quentin Willson on the cars to buy now, Epic Restorations, The Life Cycle of a Classic, The List where readers get to drive their dream car, The Collectors and My Life in Cars.
Each month Classic Cars will continue to bring you the most in-depth features on exciting cars from the past and the visionary people behind them; plus the latest and sharpest coverage of news, events, market trends and buying advice to help you get the most from your classic motoring.
Classic Cars magazine is called Thoroughbred & Classic Cars outside the UK.
I hope you enjoy the new look Classic Cars.
Phil Bell, editor
For the latest subscription offer, click here.
To buy Classic Cars on Android platforms, click here
October 2015 issue, on sale now!
• The Hot 30 Five influential market experts pick the cars – covering six price points – they suggest we would do well to buy in 2016. They include the Porsche 928, Alfa Romeo Giulia Super Berlina, Ferrari F355, Aston Martin DBS and Bentley 41⁄2-Litre Tourer
• The List Sixties cabinet ministers insisted on it, Richard Burton drove one while playing a gangster and it’s reader Stuart Grainger’s dream drive. So what did he make of the Rover P5B coupé?
• Lamborghini Countach Turbo 520bhp, 195mph and 0-60 in four-point-something seconds. We drive arguably the maddest of all the mad Eighties supercars
• Life Cycle Born into an era when fast Fords attracted the wrong sort of attention, this Ford Escort RS2000 had all its wheels stolen. Luckily, it’s all been uphill in the decades since
• The Collector Many of the cars in the eclectic collection of Canadian John Clarke were bought as basket cases and brought back to life in his own workshop
• Epic Restoration When the Hepworth brothers were invited to drive their late father’s Can-Am BRM P167 at Goodwood, they said yes. Just one thing, though – it needs restoring…
• Life In Cars Warwick Banks talks about the road and race cars that meant most to him during an illustrious career. They include a Fraser-Nash Le Mans replica, Maserati 250F and Mini Cooper
• Buying Guide Six steps to picking up the finest Renault Dauphine
• Classic Punts This reader has had three dream cars since boyhood. He now owns two of them…
• The Month In Cars
Schloss Bensberg Double triumph on the German concours lawns for the Bentley Speed Six; CC editor Phil Bell drives a Bugatti Type 35A in the event’s regularity rally
Silverstone Classic Historic race debut for Nuvolari’s 1933 Mille Miglia-winning Alfa 8C
Eifel classic rally, exceptional unexceptionals, historics at Brands
• Events planner Where to go with your classic in August
• The Market
Smart Buys Quentin Willson reckons it’s time to buy a Ferrari 365 GTC/4, Sunbeam Tiger or Bentley Flying Spur, while one to watch is the Jeep Cherokee 4.0
Market Watch Russ Smith analyses the latest market moves, focuses on the continuing rise of Ferrari 308s and 328s, and reflects on MGC Roadster values
Temptations Nine cars that might tempt you into ruining your bank manager’s day
• Barn Finds Nigel Boothman unearths an Aston-Martin 12/50 that’s been in a lock-up for 54 years, a Fifties Ford Escort that’s been working as a bookshelf and a decaying hoard in Canada
• The Insiders
Quentin Willson explains why the murky practice of faking classics is on the rise
Tom Tjaarda Even Tom was surprised when he was asked to design a Formula One car
Simon Kidston Are we becoming too hands-off in our approach to classic car ownership?
• Books and models New releases on the Triumph TR7, car racing on the Isle of Man, BRM and more, plus the latest and greatest scale models reviewed by Sam Dawson
• Your letters What will barn finds look like in years to come? Plus, Seventies favourites remembered
• Ads on Test Mercedes 280SE 3.5 Coupé, Ford Zephyr II Farnham Estate, BMW 318i Convertible, MGC Roadster
• Our Cars Sam drives his Toyota MR2 to meet its forebears at a Toyota heritage event, while Russ takes the plunge and changes the cylinder head gasket on his Alfa Romeo Spider
• Cars for sale – more than 1000 to choose from
PLUS Advertise your classic in Classic Cars magazine for FREE. For details, click here