Britain's longest-established classic car magazine defined the world of classic motoring 41 years ago, and it still does today.
To celebrate this important milestone we've added a raft of new series including: Quentin Willson on the cars to buy now, Epic Restorations, The Life Cycle of a Classic, The List where readers get to drive their dream car, The Collectors and My Life in Cars.
Each month Classic Cars will continue to bring you the most in-depth features on exciting cars from the past and the visionary people behind them; plus the latest and sharpest coverage of news, events, market trends and buying advice to help you get the most from your classic motoring.
Classic Cars magazine is called Thoroughbred & Classic Cars outside the UK.
I hope you enjoy the new look Classic Cars.
Phil Bell, editor
For the latest subscription offer, click here.
To buy Classic Cars on Android platforms, click here
May 2015 issue, on sale now!
• Quentin Willson’s Smart Buys of 2015 When QW points at a car and says ‘Buy this one’, it’s silly not to. With the help of Team CC, he outlines why the BMW 2002, Daimler V8, Ferrari 456, Ford Mustang and Porsche 911 are this year’s most outstanding prospects
• The List Reader Paul Cannon has dreamed of driving a Jaguar E-type ever since, as a kid, he spotted a rock star driving one. We throw him the keys to an S1 roadster and capture the experience
• LE JOG 2014 We tackle the UK’s toughest rally in a BMW 3 Series
• Lamborghini Espada We get a drive in an exotic super-GT with a regal history – this is the car that Princess Grace and Prince Rainier of Monaco drove in parade laps of the Monaco GP circuit
• The Collector John Hughes and his sons give Ben Field a personal tour around a roster that includes several Ferraris, a Bentley Continental S3, a Jaguar E-type and a wartime Willys Jeep
• Life Cycle This Ford Capri MkIII 1.6 Laser has been owned from new by confirmed Ford fans, whose affection for it have ensured that it continues to thrive now
• Life in Cars Cosworth co-founder Mike Costin’s portfolio is predictably Ford-heavy, including an Anglia, Cortina GT and Sierra Cosworth – which he was wary of driving on the road
• Epic Restoration The Dr Who soundtrack musician who has ended up with what is very possibly the nicest Volvo P1800 in the Universe, after a painstaking and stunning restoration
• Buying Guide Six steps to picking up the finest Renault 4
• Classic Punts A Lancia Aprilia bought for seven pounds (and sold for a few quid more…)
Unmissable regulars includes new 10-page markets section with Quentin Willson
• The Month In Cars
Race Retro Rally legend Ari Vatanen talks candidly to Classic Cars
Kuwait Concours Ferrari 250 California Spider steals the show
Obituaries Tributes to Marcos co-founder Jem Marsh and endurance rallying luminary Philip Young
• Events planner Plenty to savour, including Techno Classica Essen and the Silverstone Classic
• The Market
Smart Buys Quentin Willson explains why it’s a clever move to exchange your money for an overlooked Porsche Carrera 4, impregnable Mercedes W140 or beguiling MGA. This issue’s one to watch is the awe-inspiring Bentley Flying Spur W12
Market Watch Russ Smith analyses the latest market moves
Temptations Warning: these cars may result in a bank account lighter than it is at the moment
• Barn Finds Nigel Boothman unearths a cluster of Aston DBs bound for Brooklands, a spectacular Ford Cortina MkIII in a council lock-up, an Alfa Giulietta with links to Loughborough and Lebanon and more oddities hidden away on Cyprus, including an early Rover P4
• The Insiders
Quentin Willson celebrates the slowing down of seemingly unstoppable price rises
Tom Tjaarda enjoyed working with De Tomaso – although not everybody did
Simon Kidston takes his crystal ball on a ‘future classics’ exercise at the Geneva show
• Books and models New releases reviewed by Sam Dawson
• Letters We hear from a man who worked with Whizzo Williams and a serial Gilbern owner
• Ads on Test Bristol 407, Bentley R-Type, Aston Martin Vanquish, Austin-Healey Sprite MkI
• Our Cars Ross introduces us to his Zagato, Quentin sorts out the doors on his Rolls-Royce Corniche (at a cost…), Nathan’s Mercedes W123 treats him to a late-night wait for a recovery truck, and Charlie has also been lavishing door-love on his Range Rover
• Cars for sale – more than 1000 to choose from
PLUS Advertise your classic in Classic Cars magazine for FREE. For details, click here