See what’s inside the June 2019 issue of Classic Cars magazine
(p44) MOOR PLEASURE, LESS ROOF – We take to the North York Moors in 2019’s hottest classic cabriolet buys: Jensen Interceptor, Ferrari Mondial, Alvis TD21, Mercedes 320CE, Saab 900 Turbo 16S and Volkswagen Golf GTI. PLUS design guru Chris Bangle on the challenges of styling drop-tops
(p64) BENTLEY’S REVENGE - Driving the Lagonda V12 created by WO Bentley after he was fired from his eponymous company
(p6) THE LIST – We treat reader James Douglas to our most expensive dream-drive yet: a day in a £2m Ferrari 275GTB
(p72) A FOR EFFORT – Charging through the Chilterns in Renault’s forgotten Group B rally weapon – the Alpine A310GT.
(p80) LIFE CYCLE – The romantic, odds-defying tale of a cross-channel MG BGT
(p86) THE COLLECTOR – If it’s got an aircooled flat-four at the back and a Volkswagen badge on the nose, Gerard Ryksen will save it
(p94) EPIC RESTORATION – Restoring a Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 is tricky enough. Taking on a tuner-special festooned with bizarre electronics is something else entirely...
(p14) QUENTIN WILLSON’S HOT TIPS – A distinctly Japanese theme this month, as Quentin spots potential in a cult Nissan and a brace of Toyotas
(p16) CHASING CARS – The BMW E30 3 Series comes of age, Jaguar XJ-Ss show growth and E-types decline. And did someone bag a bargain Aston Martin DB4?
(p22) TEMPTING BUYS – A Maserati Quattroporte, Swallow Doretti, Vauxhall Victor and Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint vie for your bank balance
(p102) BUYING GUIDE – How to buy yourself a solid, reliable Volvo Amazon and unlock a world of classic-car usability from just £3k
(p109) BOOKS & MODELS – A deep-dive into the history of IMSA and a unique take on the Ferrari 250GTO that sees it get a drenching in 1:18 scale
(p119) ADS ON TEST – Porsche 928S4, Ford Escort Mexico), Citroën DS Pallas IE and Ford Escort RS Cosworth all driven and evaluated
QUENTIN WILLSON - celebrates the early Mini. But not the one you’re probably thinking of
GORDON MURRAY - on the compact charms of the Lotus Europa, provided he can fit in it
JOHN FITZPATRICK - experiences Goodwood in an upside-down Austin Westminster
(24) GOODWOOD 77TH MEMBERS’ MEETING - sees Porsche 917s reunited with legendary pilots
(27) PRACTICAL CLASSICS RESTORATION SHOW – Unique Rolls-Royce Phantom finally revealed
(34) BARN FINDS – Final reprieve for a fascinating Latham F2, and a nearly-raced Lotus Elite
(37) LETTERS – Testing the limits of the Range Rover, and lots of V8 love
(202) WHY I LOVE… the Lotus Elise MkI, by ex-Lotus MD Rod Mansfield
(111) OUR CARS – Russ’s Alfa Romeo Spider emerges from hibernation, Sam’s Chevrolet Camaro springs a leak and Nigel’s Reliant Scimitar gets a brilliant makeover